Recommended Youth Camp Packing List
(June 2, Friday — June 4, Sunday; 2 nights and 2 half-days)
All foods are to be nut-free due to severe allergies of our participants.
- bring your favourite snack to share with us (we will use it as an ice-breaker and share during social time)
- 4 shirts (2 long-sleeved)
- 3 or more pairs of pants/track pants/jeans
- 5 pairs of warm socks (in case they get wet)
- 4 changes of underwear (2 extras)
- Warm jacket / waterproof
- Sweater or sweatshirt (hooded is best as weather may change)
- Outdoor shoes (for dry and wet weather)
- Hat for sun protection
- Rain boots (if prefer)
- 1 pair of gloves (in case of weather changes)
- Pillow & Pillow Case
- Bed linen (fitted sheet for mattress) or sleeping bag
- Blanket (optional)
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- Toiletries: (such as)
- hand towel
- bath towel
- Soap & shampoo
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- dental floss
- lip balm
- Sunscreen and insect repellent (non-aerosol); or hat or clothing with insect nets
- Reusable water bottle (labelled with name)
- Medication (including Aspirin, Gravol, Epi-Pen, Benadryl, etc.) must be in original packaging with name & dosage — we cannot give anyone medication unless you send it.
- Laundry bag for dirty clothes
- Notepad and pen, a book to read, sunglasses
While understanding our attachments to electronics and gadgets, we hope you will consider leaving at home iPads, iPods, MP3 Players, DS, PSP, portable DVD Players, electronic games, knives, and valuable items. The leadership team cannot prevent loss or damage to valuable items.
Mobile phones can be used to communicate with family during the camp. Otherwise, limited use of electronics will be encouraged during this weekend.